Our specialist enabling service caters for children, young people and adults with additional needs, who would benefit from a structured, educational approach.
Brightside encourages and promotes social interaction between our service users, their peers and the wider community at every opportunity, and it is for this reason that we offer our members the chance to participate in small enabling groups as well as in more traditional individual enabling services. You don’t even need to be a member of Brightside to access them!
Within our enabling service we offer
- An idiosyncratic, planned programme for those who benefit from consistency and routine
- Out in the community support. This involves visiting places of interest to the service user. This support can be provided on a 1–1 (one member of staff to support one service user) basis or as part of a group, to promote social opportunity
- Personalised support to encourage continuing education through fun activities
- A bespoke service which provides transport to and from the home
- Visual prompts and signing support to widen access to activities of choice
- Opportunities to access enabling groups in order to develop social relationships and take part in group activities, both in our centre and out in the community